LEGAL PURCHASE AGE
The following information is provided by Nancy Boy, Inc. to enable our online visitors to be fully informed of our Privacy Policies. The Site collects certain information when you interact with the Site. For example, the Site may collect "Personal Information" which is data that can be used to identify an individual, as defined by applicable law. The Site may also collect data that does not identify you specifically. The following is a list of data that we may collect and process about you:
- Information that you provide by filling out forms on the Site. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Site; subscribe to any services offered on the Site including but not limited to loyalty programs like Club Nancy Boy, interactive services (such as blogs, chat rooms, message boards, or other user forums); enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Nancy Boy, Inc.; complete a survey; or report a problem with the Site;
- Your correct date of birth, which we may require that you submit accurately to ensure that you do not access the Site if you are not of a legal age to purchase items offered for sale on the Site;
- Any information you may provide when you contact us or send us correspondence;
- Details of any transactions you carry out through the Site including the placement of any orders by you; and
- Details of your visits to the Site including but not limited to, your computer's IP address, your account password information, page interaction information, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other data about the resources that you access.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Nancy Boy, Inc. collects personal information in several ways when you place an order or register for a service offered by Nancy Boy, Inc. If an order is placed with us, we need to hold personal information including your name, email address, phone numbers, home address, shipping and credit/debit card billing address(es) so that we can process and fulfill your order. Saved card details will never be shared with third parties and will only be used to process your order, using our payment partner's systems. Additionally we may also obtain information as a result of authentication or identity checks. Sometimes we may ask for your telephone number. This number may be given to our courier for delivery services. These details allow us to process your order and to let you know the status of your order.
We may use information from cookies for the following purposes:
- Traffic monitoring, for example, the IP address from which you access the Site, the type of browser and operating system used to access the site, the date and time of your access to the site, the pages you visit, and the Internet address of the website from which you accessed our Site;
- To recognize repeat visitors for statistical/analytical purposes; or
- We may connect the information that we collect through cookies with other Personal Information that you provide to us. Such purposes are:
- To customize or personalize your experience of the Site; for example, so that we can greet you on the site by name;
- For transactional purposes, such as credit/debit card sales.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION & HOW IT'S SHARED
Nancy Boy, Inc. may use your personal information for the processing of orders, payments and to provide you with a personalized shopping experience. We will also use your details to fulfill and deliver your orders and manage your account. Personal Information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information. Where there is a legal obligation to do so, we may disclose your information to any relevant regulatory body, although our inclination will be to fight these sorts of requests to the fullest extent possible under the law.
In addition to disclosures identified in the purposes above, from time to time we may disclose Personal Information to
- Our service providers and subcontractors, including our affiliates, retained to perform functions on our behalf or to provide services to us, such as warehousing and delivery; marketing and advertising; data processing; software development; website hosting and management; information technology and office services; legal, accounting, audit and other professional service providers; and further, provided such service provider does not collect, use or disclose the personal information for any purpose other than to perform such functions or to provide services to us or as otherwise required by law;
- Unaffiliated service providers with whom Nancy Boy, Inc. may subcontract, including website hosting companies, fulfillment companies and other third party service providers;
- The prospective seller or buyer of Nancy Boy, Inc.'s business or assets, including where Nancy Boy, Inc. or substantially all of Nancy Boy, Inc.'s assets is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
ABILITY TO OPT-IN AND OPT-OUT
When you register, you will be given the option to opt-in to receiving our monthly email newsletter. If you do opt-in, we will offer you the opportunity to opt-out at any time. Any email we send you will contain an easy automated opt-out link. Alternatively you can change your email preferences by logging into My Account Options. Should you choose to have your name and personal data removed from our database altogether, you can do so by sending an email to contact at nancyboy dot come or by writing to us at: Nancy Boy, Inc., Customer Service Dept, 347 Hayes Street, San Francisco CA, 94102.
ACCESSING & CHANGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If for any reason you are concerned that the personal information held by Nancy Boy, Inc. is not correct, please visit the website and, after logging into the site using the "Sign In" menu on the home page, your personal information will be made available for review and change in the "My Account Options" section. Only you or, upon your request, the Customer Service department, may access your personal data from the website using your password and User ID. Information may be changed online within My Account Options, Modify My Profile, and by checking or un-checking the email subscription box. You can also change your billing or shipping address in this manner. If you prefer, you may contact us by email at contact at nancyboy dot come and we will assist in updating your personal details.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as a part of a registration process or a security procedure to enable you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. In particular, you should not share your password with anyone who is not of legal age to enter into contracts and purchase goods in the country or other territory in which you are located or are accessing the Site, or to anyone in a country or other territory where use of the Site is not permitted.
We will only collect personally identifiable information to the extent deemed reasonably necessary to serve you in view of our legitimate business purposes as set out above, and we will use and maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided us with. When you place an order or access your account information, we use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption which encrypts your information before it is sent to us to protect it from unauthorized use. In addition, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that third party business partners to whom we transfer any data will provide sufficient protection of that personal information. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of the data you transmit to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use reasonable efforts to try to prevent unauthorised access.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your email address, we may notify you by email.
WHERE AND HOW TO ASK QUESTIONS OR FILE COMPLAINTS
If you require further information or wish to file a complaint, please contact us.